Our Rockstar for
this month is David Danielson
“When I turned 40 last year and found myself at more than 60 pounds above my healthy weight, I realized that it was time to take some serious action to improve my health to make sure I live to see my kids grow up, get married, and have kids of their own. But, to be honest, I didn’t know where to go for help. My doctor had told me multiple times over the past few years that I was “morbidly obese” and that I really needed to lose weight, but they never told me HOW. Through the 90-day Enara VLCD program, I’ve now lost more than 58 pounds and I just feel great. And even more importantly, the Enara program has taught me – and will continue to teach me – how to eat and live healthily for the rest of my life.”
Weight Loss Progress: 58 lbs
Triglycerides Progress: 74%
- Fatty foods and carbohydrates we eat are broken down into globs of fat called triglyceride.
- High levels increase your risk for heart disease, stroke, and nerve damage.
- Excess glucose in blood can be used to make triglycerides which why people insulin sensitivity, pre-diabetes, or diabetes often also have elevated triglycerides.
protein progress: 42%
- High-sensitivity C-reactive protein (HS-CRP) is a is a protein that increases in the blood with inflammation.
- HS-CRP test may be used to help evaluate an individual for cardiovascular disease risk.
- While less than 1.0 mg/L is considered Low Risk, average risk: 1.0 to 3.0 mg/L, and High risk: above 3.0 mg/L.