Adapted from Cooking Light
1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed and torn into large pieces
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 (4oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. salt
2 (9 oz.) packages frozen artichokes, thawed and patted dry
1 lemon, quartered
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine kale and ½ tbsp oil in a bowl. Massage leaves until slightly wilted.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pan, and tilt to coat.
- Add chicken to pan. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Add artichokes and lemon quarters to pan. Drizzle with remaining ½ tbsp oil and sprinkle with 1½ tsp thyme. Broil until chicken is cooked, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add kale to pan. Broil until edges of kale are crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan. Sprinkle with remaining thyme, parmesan and red pepper. Squeeze lemon over chicken and vegetables.
Nutrition Per Serving: 243 calories, 9.5 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 28 g protein, <1 g sugar, 7 g fiber